Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich Recipe



Hi guys! Today I am going to share with you a brand spanking new recipe! The idea for this recipe hit me in the middle of the night. When I was growing up, one of my favorites was a chicken parmesan sandwich. Recently I have had a craving for something similar. I tried to find a cruelty free version, but I could not find one that was just right. What a better way to solve this problem than to create a recipe of my own!


When I started creating this recipe, I wanted something that did not have super thick batter and that did not require me to have to buy a whole bunch of abnormal things. This recipe's ingredients are all things that I keep in my kitchen! The produce used in this can simply be grown in a garden.


A few tips to help you make this recipe the best it can be! The first one is to make your own tomato sauce. If you are in a pinch or do not have much time it is easier to use store bought. I love the flavors that I can build up in a home made sauce. My second tip is to use stale bread for the breadcrumbs. Just take stale bread and through it in a food processor to make bread crumbs! My third and final tip is to make sure your eggplant is an appropriate size for your bread. I used a home grown eggplant, so it is smaller than the ones you would buy in the store. You may need to cut the slices of eggplant to size.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed making it and sharing it with you guys! Is there anything you miss from your before vegan days? Let me know, and I will try to Veganize it!

Happy cooking!
~Stella~





Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich
Makes 4 servings

1 eggplant
2 cups of flour (1 1/2 cup for batter and 1/2 cup for breading)
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 cups bread crumbs
Cooking oil
2 cups vegan marinara sauce
4 sandwich rolls
3/4 cup vegan cheese

1. Slice the eggplant into four 1/2 inch thick slices
2. Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, almond milk, and seasonings
3. Bread the eggplant. Coat in flour then cover in batter and coat in breadcrumbs
4. Pan fry in a pan with oil covering the bottom
5. Open sandwich roll
6. Put a spoonful of marinara sauce on bread
7. Set the eggplant on top of marinara
8. Spoon another few spoonfuls of marinara on top and top with vegan cheese
9. Serve! I served it with french fries


Comments

  1. Loved the idea of using eggplant as an alternative meat patty :D. I will try this one for sure and thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have taught of this recipes I do not like meat so this would be prefect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am big fan of eggplant, in India it is used extensively in our cooking, and it's such a wonderful part of vegan food too. This is completely different and interesting recipe. The pictures are great, I will be sure to try this one.
    From,
    www.thegypsygurl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks