Health in the New Year of 2018

In the new year, a lot of people put health as their priority and set new years resolutions to be healthier. For some people, they tend to fall out of their habits as time goes on, and then they rest their resolution the following new year. To stay with these habits, it can be helpful to find recipes that are delicious and healthy. 

To maintain better health, try finding recipes that you already love and lookup healthier versions of them. It can be helpful to replace things with healthier ingredients or try to cut back on how often you have them. 

One of the easiest ways to stay healthy and full through the day is having a smoothie bowl. If you are on the go, you can also take this in a mason jar wherever you need to. This is a quick way to eat healthy for those who do not have a lot of time on their hands. 

(photos by Danielle)

For the first health snack, I have a smoothie bowl. I have some almond milk blended with banana and mango. This is one of my favorite ones and you can also substitute almond milk for any other milk alternative. For toppings, I have dates and coconut.You can also customize this with any other topping. 

For this next one, I also have mangos blended up. My toppings include watermelon, chocolate chips, walnuts, chia seeds, and coconut. 

(photos by Danielle)
(photos by Danielle)

I also find that after having fruit, I feel so energized. I love having strawberries, pineapple, mandarin, and pomegranate together. This can be refreshing in the middle of the day as a snack. 

(photos by Danielle) 

Another one I really like to have is banana, grapes, and cherries. I have this snack topped with walnut to be extra filling. This can also be switched with any other topping as well. 

Another quick healthy snack I like to have are strawberry banana smoothies topped with chocolate chips and coconut. This is one of my favorite things to have when I want a combination of flavors, but also something healthy. 

(photos by Danielle)

I also like to blend up pineapples with lime juice in a blender and drink that as well. This is good for getting vitamin C in during the day. I love making this for my family and it goes well with food for taco night as well! 

(photos by Danielle)
(photos by Danielle)

Another refreshing, fruity snack is to make a strawberry smoothie bowl and top it with dragon fruit. This was my first time trying dragonfruit and it is something that is a bit expensive where I am, so it would only be something I would treat myself to once a year or a few times a year. Overall, it is delicious and something fun to switch up your breakfast routine or to try a new, healthy food. 

If you are looking for some other foods to remain healthy in the new year check some of these out: 




I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy weekend and enjoys the next week. 

-Danielle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks