You Reap What You Sow

Hi everyone,

My name is Trudy and I am so grateful to be here! I am in the processing of writing a novel but this is my first attempt at blogging so I wanted to introduce myself and some of my ideals to you all and I thought there was no better time than the new year.



Everyone always has resolutions to ring in the new year that are usually thrown by the wayside before the end of January. The usual ones that we can all relate to are losing weight, getting fit, eating better and having less stress in our lives. While all these thing are possible, they don't happen over night. What I decided to do this year was start out with a brand new outlook. This idea originated on New Year's Eve when my friend brought out a jar and starting pulling out papers and reading them out loud. She recorded all the good things that happened to her over the course of the year. After seeing this I was inspired and decided that this will be the beginning of the many shifts I want to create in my life. We are all capable of of doing anything. It all starts in our thoughts and our thoughts then lead to actions. Instead of focusing on negatives this year, I am choosing to embrace the positives. It is easy to remember and dwell on the bad things that happen. They tend to be magnified and used as excuses long after they happened as to why something can't be done or they can even put us in the victim space. On the other hand the good times seems to get minimized and quickly forgotten. To remember the good things, I decided to start a gratitude jar. For every enjoyable moment that I experience or accomplishment or anything that made me feel good, I will record it on a post it note and put it in a jar. Whenever I am feeling down I will be able to relive all the good things that I may have forgotten about. These can include spending time with family, friends, going places, experiencing new things or just how I am feeling at the moment. Did you ever have the perfect hair day? Even though it may seem insignificant, write it down. Do you feel beautiful? Write it down. Did you ace a test or help someone who was struggling? Write it down. You will be amazed when you start being mindful of the things you do. I know it will help me focus on the little things that we all sometimes take for granted. I look forward to sharing my thoughts, challenges and ideas with you every week.

As for recipes, I do create vegetarian meals but I didn't want my first blog to be a recipe. I wanted to discuss things on broader terms. First of all I feel it is important for everyone to get a sense of who I am. I am a mother, daughter, grandmother, wife, amateur chef, aspiring writer and animal rescuer just to name a few roles. For many years I worked in the financial field in an executive position but I can tell you I am much happier doing the things I do now. My pet peeves are mean people, drama and things that get too complicated. I love simplicity therefore I am not a fan of recipes that require an extensive shopping list and obscure ingredients.

I strive for my life to be "easy peasy" to quote my Grandson. I used to be more about material things but now I am all about recycling, up-cycling and re-purposing.



Delicious meals can be created from what you have in your kitchen cabinets and should not require a special trip to the supermarket. In future blogs, I will be choosing ingredients from my kitchen and show you how to create delicious inexpensive meals that are quick and easy.

In the summer, I love to be out on the water and spend a lot of my time on our boat entertaining friends. Quick easy meal prep is a must since space is limited and we tend to BBQ a lot. Can't wait to share all our culinary adventures at sea.

This blog is not just about a vegetarian diet but it is about a life style. So many times we create waste and clutter in our lives, in our minds and sometimes even in our hearts. Everything in life has a purpose and can be recycled and this even includes friendships. People you lost touch with can show back up in your life at the perfect time. My favorite line is "never say never" which was certainly the case in my situation. A "Linked-In" invitation brought someone back in my life after 30 plus years. I love social media!!! More about that is upcoming blogs.

I also have a soft spot for all animals big and small. Too many animals are discarded every day which is why I strongly believe in rescuing and not buying an animal. I will not even get into my disdain for puppy mills at this moment, We will save that for another time. I am particularly drawn to animals that need me the most. Everyone always wants the cutest puppy or kitten. I want the animal that someone rejected. My current menagerie consists of two cats and four dogs with the majority of them having a medical issue or disability which makes me even love them more. Can't wait to introduce you to each one of them.

I love organizing and reshuffling furniture and accessories from room to room in my house. I can give a room a new look with zero dollars spent in most cases. A room with a new look can give you a whole new outlook.



As for clothing, I have a great group of friends where we actively trade clothes since we all know everyone has multiple sizes in their closets. This is an easy way to update and expand your wardrobe for free.

I can't wait to share more tips, ideas and insights with all as you get to know more about me and my fur babies.

Please feel free to ask any questions or suggest any topics for future blogs, I am open to all ideas. I would appreciate if you would share my blog with your family and friends so they can benefit from some of the information that I will be posting here on a regular basis.

Finally, please "like" The Smoothie Vegetarian page to make sure all get the latest information, please like and comment on this post if you found it useful and don't forget to look for my updates every Tuesday!

Looking forward to our weekly chats!

Until next time, remember you reap what you sow so plant those good seeds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks