Pizza on a Plant Based Lifestyle (Part 1)

(photos by Danielle)


Many people think that if you transition to a healthier, more ethical lifestyle that it means that you also have to give up certain foods and sacrifice taste. However, for a lot of the excuse that people give...there are just as many easy solutions that can be solved in a matter of seconds. When a lot of people hear “pizza” one of the first things people usually think of is cheese. However, you do not actually have to give that up because there are so many alternatives. Many places are starting to offer dairy free options and stores are starting to get plant based options that taste like cheese. There is no sacrifice whatsoever to this lifestyle and it will just continue to become easier and easier as it goes on. So many people are lactose intolerant, have allergies, or choose to cut our dairy for health or ethical reasons. Fortunately, you can still have cheese without it coming from a cow, and yes, it tastes just fine and usually exactly the same. 

Unfortunately. some places do not yet offer vegan cheese you will have to make some modifications. However, this is becoming so easy because of all the resources online...the good news is that all you have to do is a simple google search! Also, if you put the right toppings on your pizza, you can still get just as much flavor. I have ordered pizza without cheese and it still has been just as wonderful. Do you want to know how to modify your order and still have that amazing flavor? Keep reading! 


(photos by Danielle)

What I usually do when I order pizza out is I get some barbecue sauce, because I love having that on pizza. Then, I have a bunch of veggie toppings. In the photo above, I have bell peppers, mushrooms, greens and olives. I am one of those people who is always so happy to have my pizza absolutely covered with toppings. 

(photos by Danielle)

If you do your pizza homemade, there are also some great alternatives to cheese and pepperoni you can use. For example, companies like Daiya, Trader Joe's, and Follow your Heart all have vegan cheeses. Yves sells vegan pepponi that I have yet to try, but have heard amazing things about. There are also many options that are premade and frozen if you are running short on time or are not big on cooking. It is also wonderful if you make these at home to top it with nutritional yeast for extra flavor. 

(photos by Danielle)

I usually top my pizzas with some greens bell peppers, olives, red onion, artichoke, and jalapenos. Those are some of my favorite things to get at a number of restaurants. I love eating at UNO bar and grill, snap pizza, and many other places. 

(photos by Danielle)
(photos by Danielle)
(photos by Danielle)
This is one of my favorite things to have when I go out. This was from my recent order at Uno Bar a grill. I ordered the veggie pizza without cheese and I asked for jalapenos and a side of BBQ sauce. 

(photos by Danielle)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and if you go out to eat, dont be afraid to order one of these options!

-Danielle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks