My Morning Routine for the Upcoming Semester

Photo credit
Being healthy in college seems incredibly difficult from the outside. Most of the people I know don't like to get up early. Most of the people I know like to stay out incredibly late, roll out of bed in the morning, and go to class in their pajamas. That just simply isn't me. Some days, it is me, but 9 times out of 10, I'm up hours before class.

An average day for me starts around 6:30 to 7:30 am. I wake up, and the first thing I do is open the windows in my dorm room. I like to watch the sunrise. It is a beautiful, just me moment, before my day gets hectic. I take this moment, it's maybe 5-10 minutes, to just be thankful for my day.  I also start brewing my morning cup of coffee or tea at this time.

The next thing I usually do, is I grab my shower shoes, put them on, and head to the bathroom. I usually tie my hair back (side note: keep a headband and a hair tie in your shower caddy. It will change your life.) and wash my face. I usually use the Origins Zero Oil line, the face wash, toner, and moisturizer. This stuff smells like mint, which is exactly what I want in the morning to help me wake up.


Another tip: Don't wash your face with your hands, even if you have just washed them. Use a fresh washcloth, or a facial sponge you keep clean. There are plenty of nasty germs on your hands, and on the bottles of the face wash, toner, or moisturizer that you are then transferring to your skin.

I then brush my teeth with my wooden toothbrush and my Tom's of Maine toothpaste. I also floss with their floss and then rinse my mouth with their mouthwash. I've never ever had a problem with my teeth, and my dentist was shocked when I told her what I used. Actually, shocked would be an understatement.

I then head back to my room to do my morning meditation and prayers. It's only about 15-30 minutes, but doing this in the morning has helped me to get focused, and get mentally prepared to start my day. Meditation and morning prayers puts me in a good spot to start my day.

After all of this, I head back to my room to get dressed for the day. I usually pick out my clothes and pack my bag the night before, so it is easy for me to be ready to go in the morning. After I get dressed, I grab my bag, put my coffee or tea into a reusable mug, and I'm out the door to head to get breakfast and study before class.

I hope this helps people to start a morning ritual or routine. Having structure in my life helps me to get prepared to take on the world.

Until next time,

HannahGrace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks