My Top 3 New Year’s Resolutions!


1) Meditate At Least 3 Times Per Week
Number One has to be meditating more. I finally gave meditation a chance a couple months ago and it seemed to really be making a difference in my life. It is difficult for me to slow down in life; I have a need to feel busy and productive during every moment. Meditation is a chance to give myself a break and observe what is really going on in my life. I do not like to sit by myself, so I chose to do guided meditations from YouTube and iTunes. Though I could not consider myself “good” at it by any means, even just observing my breath for 10 minutes and being in the present moment was incredible! However, life got in the way I guess and I stopped. My goal for the new year is to take things slow and just aim for three times a week. This way I will not look at it as a “chore” or something to dread.


2) Read Five Books From My Bucket List 
Number Two is reading the five books I have on my bucket list! The books are The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein, You are a Badass by Jen Sincero, and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson. They are spiritual books that have been highly recommended by a lot of Youtubers and Instagrammers I follow. I have had them on my reading list FOREVER but keep making excuses as to why I cannot read them, such as not having enough time. I am so excited now to finally read the magical words these authors have to offer and continue my spiritual journey. I encourage you guys to read them with me if you have not yet! If you have read them, please leave your thoughts below! Also, comment below any other books you recommend to expand one’s life. 


3) Take a Yoga Teacher Training 
Finally, Number Three is to become a Registered Yoga Teacher. The last couple years I have developed a deep passion for yoga. It has changed my life in so many ways, mainly by teaching me to love myself, my mind, and my body. My anxiety has also greatly subsided by starting each day with a yoga practice. Classes are often expensive, so I mostly follow YouTube videos. Some of my favorite yoga YouTube channels are Boho Beautiful, Brett Larkin, Alo Yoga, and Allie the Journey Junkie. I want to share my passion for yoga with others by taking a training. I am deciding between two teacher retreats to do in July, one is in Costa Rica and one is in Florida. Taking a training is a huge investment because they cost thousands of dollars. But, this is something I am passionate about and it will be a whole new chapter of my life!

What are your New Year’s Resolutions? Share them in the comments below!

Comments

  1. I loved taking yoga teacher training - so glad it is on your list! You learn so much about your own practice while learning to teach others.

    We decided to do a list of blog posts we wanted to write this year as our blog new years resolution. It's been a fun way to stay motivated! https://areweadultsyetblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/28/30-blog-posts-we-want-to-write-in-2018/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks