Vegan Creme Brulee Recipe!



Happy Tuesday again folks. As always I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend AND a wonderful Labor Day. This week's recipe holds a dear place in my heart. It's one of my moms and my favorite desserts (Note I said one of. So I will eventually be introducing everyone to the many other sweet and sugary foods that we love). Crème Brulee. It's creamy, it's custardy, its sugary. What's not to like? Except maybe the dairy products. This recipe calls for silken tofu. I care about all my readers enough to tell you this. If a store does not have silken tofu, only the firm tofu, GO TO ANOTHER STORE AND FIND SILKEN TOFU. I made the mistake in class that since we didn't have silken, I'll just use firm. Let me tell you, appearance wise was disgusting. It looked like vomit, and it was just extra chunky because it did not break down the way silken would have. I am so excited to hear what y'all think of this recipe. Enjoy!!!


Ingredients:
  • 12 oz Silken Tofu
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup soy milk
  • 2 Tbsp vanilla
  • 2 teaspoon arrowroot
  • 3 additional Tbsp of sugar (to sprinkle on top)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325.
  2. Prepare your ramekins in your shallow baking dish (for the water bath), boil water.
  3. Drain and press the tofu, then put tofu, sugar, vanilla, soy milk, and a dash of salt into the food processor. Once smooth, whisk in the arrowroot to the mixture.
  4. Pour custard into the ramekins, and pour hot boiling water into the shallow baking dish (not in the ramekins, please don't splash water into the custard) until it is about 2/3 of the way up on the ramekins.
  5. Cover the pan with parchment paper, and put in the oven for 40 minutes. If the center is still a tad bit jiggly, that is okay. Take it out, let it cool, and it will set fully. Remove ramekins from the baking dish and put them in the fridge for 1-2 hours to cool.
  6. Now time for my favorite part. The top!!! You're going to sprinkle sugar on top of your custard (Not too much, not too little, just enough to coat the top, but I always do a little extra because I am a sugar fanatic). Use a handheld blow torch, and pass the tip of the flame back and forth over the sugar until it begins to caramelize.
  7. Eat and enjoy immediately!!!!! It's not as good or crunchy/creamy if it sits. :)




Comments

  1. I love that only few ingredients are needed for this great creme. It looks so simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lord this looks amazing! What a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had creme brulee, but heard about it often. It reminds me of custard, though, which I have had. So like you said, what's not to like? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Vegan creme brulee looks so tempting and delicious. I will definitely try this recipe. I'm sure that my love ones will definitely love this kind of recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe! Love that it's vegan :) Just wish there was a more closeup picture of the process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks