My Blood Test Results: Is a Vegan Diet Really Safe?




 With so many conflicting views in the media about whether a vegan diet is healthy or not, I thought some of you may be interested to see how my blood test results looked after becoming vegan. Of course, please keep in mind that there are MANY kinds of ways to eat as a vegan so not everyone’s levels of nutrients will look the same. However, including a variety of whole, plant foods in your day-to-day meals will help you reach optimal levels of almost every nutrient your body needs. The exceptions, however, are B12 and vitamin D. I take a vegan B12 supplement to ensure I have enough. For vitamin D, I get plenty of sunshine and use almond milk fortified with vitamin D. If you are eating a vegan diet and are not feeling your best, you should get your levels tested to see if there is a nutrient you should eat more of. There is no reason to be eating animal products when we can be at our optimal health eating plants!

../Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202017-09-10%20at%205.29.49%20PM.png

 

  I highlighted some of the nutrients I thought people might find most important. Protein seems to be everyone’s favorite because everyone is always asking, “Where do vegans get their protein?!”. Contrary to popular belief, we can get plenty of protein just from eating a variety of vegan foods. Some of my favorite foods that are high in protein are beans, chickpeas, broccoli, tofu, peanut butter, vegan protein powder, spinach, lentils, and quinoa. Do not worry about ever being protein deficient, it is not possible unless you simply are not eating enough calories. I also highlighted calcium because everyone thinks we need cow’s milk to reach out calcium needs. This is definitely not true at all! Why would we ever need another animal’s milk in our body? I get plenty of calcium by incorporating plenty of vegetables, beans, and legumes into my diet. I also like to use non-dairy milk in my smoothies, cereals, protein shakes, and oatmeal. Almond milk, soy milk, and other nondairy milks are often fortified with calcium and other nutrients (sometimes even b12!).



    Just remember, if you are feeling unhealthy on a vegan diet, get your blood tested to see if there is a nutrient you can improve. Any nutrient deficiency can be improved without animal products. For example, if you are low in iron, you can take a vegan iron supplement or add more iron-rich foods into your diet such as quinoa, collard greens, tofu, lentils, and mushrooms. I hope this post helped calm the worries that anyone may have about whether vegans are prone to deficiencies. I have never felt better than I do now and I want others to have the ability to feel this way too!

Comments

  1. What blood test in particular did you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I actually do not remember. I was actually forced to get my blood tested for a sports team I was joining so I cannot recall which test the coach told us to get. I am terribly sorry!

      Delete
  2. This blood tests above are called CMP (complete metabolic panel) and a CBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. It also has the job of removing all these chemicals and other impurities. It has to do this first. If the liver has to remove all these chemicals it cannot function to deal with fat as it should. It fails to burn fat as it would normally do.the 2 week diet

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the event that great wellbeing is the primary target, period of time ought not be an issue on the grounds that the diet ought to just be a piece of a way of life change in which the dieting change would be a long haul some portion of the way of life at any rate.lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Among one of the finest pieces on the internet, freshening in its specificity.
    health for life

    ReplyDelete
  6. By including the right fats in your diet, a ketogenic diet plan provides your body with the energy it needs to convert existing fat stores into useful sugars and ketones (through gluconeogenesis) what is ketosis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. https://www.thenaturalremediesfordiabetes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Low carbohydrate diets are some of the most popular diets on the market today because they generally tend to be the most effective, the quickest, and the easiest to follow.hip to waist ratio

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks