Healthy Breakfast Recipes

IMG_0964.JPG
(photos by Danielle)



Having a large breakfast first thing in the morning can really energize the body. Sometimes people are concerned about time in their morning routine, but it can be easier when there are so many quick breakfast recipes. I have personally been a huge fan of large breakfasts lately because it gets me through the day, makes me feel refreshed, and keeps me full for hours. For a quick breakfast, generally my go-to is cereal, pancakes, fruit, and smoothie bowls, but if I have extra time or if it’s a weekend, sometimes I will go all out!

Making smoothie bowls with a blender is a convenient way to have a healthy meal while being busy.
My first recipe for this includes frozen strawberries, bananas, and mangoes for the fruit. Then, you can use any nut or soy milk you prefer. For any of these smoothie bowls, you can use maple syrup, agave nectar, dates, etc. for extra sweetness. I blend the mixture for a few seconds, pour it, and then add any toppings that may go with the recipe. For toppings, in the first picture, I used Love Crunch from Nature's Path, which is one of my favorite brands. This blend is granola with chocolate and dried strawberries. Also, I put non-dairy chocolate chips for a sweeter flavor. You can add more toppings to your liking and change it up each time you make this.

In this next recipe below, I have blended up almond milk with tropical fruits like mango, banana, and pineapple. This was one of my favorite recipes and it was wonderful to have over the summer. I topped this recipe with non-dairy chocolate chips, chia seeds, and chopped walnuts. You can also top this with any other nut, fruit, or even hemp seeds for extra flavor and nutrition.
FullSizeRender (12).jpg
(photos by Danielle)



I also like to have oatmeal or cereal topped with fruits like bananas or strawberries. I try to get a lot of my important target nutrients in first thing in the morning when I am the most active so the energy I gain from these nutrients carries over into the afternoon! 

IMG_0953.JPG
(photos by Danielle)

Also, if you are in a rush, many brands have products that can easily be put in the microwave or toaster if you need something quick. I like to sometimes buy the french toast from a brand called Van’s. These are also mostly hypoallergenic so if you have allergies this option may be great for you. On the side, I made a tofu scramble with some added ingredients. To this recipe, I added ginger, turmeric, paprika, garlic, nutritional yeast, and a pinch of salt. I also topped it with chickpeas and bell pepper chunks. If you are a huge spicy food fan like myself, you can put hot sauce or salsa on top of your tofu scramble.
FullSizeRender (13).jpg
(photos by Danielle)

Everybody enjoy their weekend and take time for yourself to nourish your bodies. Happy Friday everyone!

-Danielle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks