Warm Meals for Fall

With the weather getting warmer, I am finding myself wanting warmer meals when I go to eat. When I am running from work to grad school classes, I am also looking for something quick, but healthy to get me through my long days during the semester. I need foods with a lot of nutrients to get me ready for the day. I try to make these recipes often and you can also add or remove certain ingredients to your liking.



I love making quinoa bowls because they do not take long to make depending on the type you buy. I like to boil my quinoa and then add a number of ingredients. I usually add some vegetables, beans, herbs, and spices depending on what I am feeling for the day. Quinoa and beans are really high in protein and many other nutrients. Adding vegetables can add to the nutritious value of these meals. You can make something else as a meal and have this as a side as well. I try to put as much color into these recipes for presentation. I love adding different colors to the meal because it can create the motivation to eat healthier. Adding red, green, purple, yellow, and orange vegetables can make you want to eat what you are preparing. These recipes are healthy, delicious, and filling. You can customize any ingredients depending on what you have in your fridge and pantry.
(photo by Danielle)


I found a quinoa and rice blend that I have added vegetables for extra energy. I added red bell peppers for vitamin A and also because they are one of my favorite foods. I have chickpeas and kidney beans in this bowl. Also, I have some spices in here and of course some garlic. If you like nutritional yeast, that can be added as well for a cheesy flavor!

(photo by Danielle)


(photo by Danielle)

I also enjoy making some options that have extra vegetables in them. For this one, I have a lot of bell peppers and tomato with several types of beans. I have black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, and I have nutritional yeast added as well. If you like bread you can use that for dipping or enjoy it on the side. For this picture I have Jalapeno flavored Kettle chips which are a treat I have a few times a year. As a lot of you may know from my previous posts, I am a huge spicy food fan.

(photo by Danielle)

For this recipe, I have some cooked quinoa with some added ingredients. For the vegetables, I have added tomato and cooked zucchini. I have also added black beans and some herbs and spices. I have added some garlic and nutritional yeast for extra flavor. All of these meals can be quick and you can also make extra to put aside for leftovers for the week. That way you will have extra time during the week if you are busy.

Happy Friday! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy some warm, healthy recipes while kicking back and enjoying the fall weather.

-Danielle

Comments

  1. I love now that it is fall that I can create heartwarming and tasty recipes for the week! I love trying to get as many vegetables as possible into the dishes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love making recipes like this! It can be so healthy too :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoy reading heahtly recepe as iam trying to change my diet.
    This looks so delicious.Will try this one,looks like something i could enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Making changes to your diet can create so many positive changes you I have noticed MANY!! Thank you for checking my post out!

      Delete
  3. Quinoa is such a good alternative when you don't want the heaviness of rice in your diet and I love how hearty all these meals look!

    Helen xx
    http://helenchik.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people including me use being busy as an excuse to eating unhealthy food. It's really amazing that in spite of having a busy schedule you focus on eating healthy. The meals look so delicious by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious! i like how easy it looks, and nutritious too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for some new healthy chicken recipes. I've also been curious with how to incorporate quinoa into meals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quinoa is great to put into meals and I plan on putting some more similar recipes up like this in the future if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn is my favorite time of the year for weather and cooking wise. Your recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum, yum, yum! I love fall inspired meals, so cozy and comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it a bit of couscous. My hands, feet and nose are always cold so this is something I should really look into eating all year round, really!



    www.nmdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks