My Wonderful VegFest 2017 Experience

(photos by Danielle)


Over the weekend, I was able to attend my second VegFest over the past few months! This summer, I realized that there are more festivals around the United States, and I was so excited to find this out. I thought that I would have to travel to a huge city and go to California or New York for events like this. Fortunately, Vegan Festivals are becoming more mainstream and even people who are not vegetarian or vegan attend and see what this amazing lifestyle is all about. Going to Chester County Vegan Festival in West Chester, PA over the summer, I had some idea of how amazing this event was going to be. I am so excited for people to see what food like this REALLY is….not just the stereotypes that are far from the truth.

After the West Chester festival, I found out there was going to be another VegFest in Phoenixville, PA. I know I was pleasantly surprised with each and every option there and wished I could have tried everything. If you are interested in learning about new types of food and restaurants, all of the booths there have restaurants worth checking out! I found out about so many new companies and restaurants worth supporting. The best thing is, I have taken so many people out to these restaurants with me and it has always been a wonderful experience all around.

All of these photos were taken at the Phoenixville Veg Fest 2017. For lunch, we went to a place called Gangster Vegan Organics. They offer many healthy and delicious options on their menu. We ordered the Ay Papi bowl, which has pico de gallo, brown rice, romaine, walnut, cashew cheese sauce, pickled jalapeno, and avocado. Of course, we had to try some of the kombucha as well!
(photos by Danielle)



For dessert, we waited a very long time in line to try some vegan brownies and cannolis from Vegan Treats. They are located in Bethlehem, PA but they brought their food to the festival for the day. Let me tell you, the long wait in line was well worth it!! They had so many donuts, cakes, cannolis, and many more pastries.

(photos by Danielle)





There were so many amazing vendors including Greyhound Cafe, Firefly Cafe, Taste, Baba’s Brew, Soy Cafe, Yeah Dawg!, Mom Pops, Plantie, Kimberton Whole Foods, Kung Fu Hoagies, and so many more!!! All of these booths and food trucks had options that all looked amazing.  The festival had so many booths and it was so hard to choose from as far as a place to eat. With everyone walking by with their food, it was almost impossible to decide. I would have wanted to try one of everything if that was possible. If you want more information on this check out https://www.phoenixvillevegfest.com. This opens so many options to places where I would want to eat in the future in my local community. For the places that are further away, these would make phenomenal day trip ideas when I have a day off.

I hope you all have wonderful experiences with festivals you may attend in the future. Happy Friday everyone!
-Danielle



Comments

  1. Wow!! These all looks so delicious pastries. Love to try there peanut butter cake. So tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I loved it. Its tempting me to drive all the way to Bethlehem PA for these.

      Delete
  2. Wow. All those wonderful and tasty looking dishes! I am not vegan but I would love to try all of them. The Twice Baked Cream Cheese Brownie bars look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks