Asian Inspired Meals Part 2

I like to make a lot of Asian inspired meals. I have been learning how to cook over the years, and the more I do it, the more I find out what I like to eat. Some of my top meals are of this type because I love the flavors. I prefer foods that are spicy, but from time to time I like to have foods with sweet and sour sauces.


With all of these ways to customize meals, I can change things up and make both eating and cooking an enjoyable experience. For a while, it was a challenge to find certain ingredients in the store, but as these vegan brands are expanding, they are becoming more easily accessible to the population. I am delighted to find out that more and more people are trying these vegan products!!!


(photos by Danielle)

I usually have a number of ingredients, but I switch it up depending on what sauce I plan on using and what other ingredients I have in my house at the time, usually I make recipes consisting of veggies and a grain. I like to use the sweet and sour Porkless Bites made by Gardein, which taste so much like meat, you would not even miss it! The Porkless Bites even comes with a sauce packet and there is usually enough to put over your veggies and rice as well. For this recipe, I have white rice, zucchini, and red bell peppers. You can add any vegetables you have laying around the house, this recipe is truly flexible.

(photos by Danielle)


For this recipe, I have all the same ingredients, but instead of zucchini, I have added pineapple for a sweeter taste. I was inspired by some recipes I saw online as well as some asian restaurants that I have ordered from that take the same route. I am pleased with the combination of flavors and it is something I would try again very soon!

(photos by Danielle)

Another really awesome product made by Gardein is their vegan mandarin chicken. When I first tried this product, I was blown away!!! I paired the vegan "chicken" with white rice and broccoli for a healthier twist. I usually add more vegetables as well like peppers and carrots.

(photos by Danielle)


If you want to leave both meat and the meat alternatives out of the picture, you can make rice and veggies. I have a rice mix with edamame, pineapple, red bell pepper, and carrot. One the side I have the vegetable egg rolls from the brand Kahiki. I also have a chili sauce to go with this.

In the future, I think I would like to try some more Asian rice blends and I am open to suggestions about brands that your store carries that may also be at mine. Sometimes, I get store-bought ingredients for when I am on a tighter schedule, but I also prefer fully homemade when I have more time.

Have a great weekend!
-Danielle

Comments

  1. I love Asian flavors which is why I love learning different recipes like these! Thanks for the tips. They all look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ingredients are awesome. I can taste it. I love Asian dishes. I will try to make, because you made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Asian dishes. They are just so tasty! I haven't tried Gardein products before but they do look like a perfect side to a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE asian food (i'm half asian) and i could eat thai or singaporean food every single meal for the rest of my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great and healthy. I like to make these now and then especially when I don't feel like eating meat or chicken. Love the pineapple idea, does make it a bit sweeter and it is also different. Enjoyed reading your article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at these pictures are making me real hungry. I will have to try and make these soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks