Easy Vegan Brownies

If there is one thing I truly love, it is a gooey brownie. I absolutely love brownies and I’ve been on the hunt to find the perfect vegan brownie recipe. When I couldn’t find one I loved I decided to create my own.

Brownies are one of my favorite desserts to enjoy. I like to top it with powdered sugar or vegan ice cream and whipped topping. I am not really a fan of hard or crunchy brownies. No, I love a nice and soft brownie. One that, when warm, almost melts into the ice cream. Great, now I’m hungry.



Brownies are actually quite easy to make and to veganize. A lot of vegan bloggers, YouTubers and recipe websites have them. This recipe was adapted from one I found in an old recipe book my mother gave me. It’s simple to make, takes ingredients you probably have in your pantry and is sure to please everyone.



Vegan Brownies
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/4-1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Oil (I use coconut oil, melted)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix your dry ingrediants together in a bowl. Once combined add the water, oil and extract. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool then cut!


You can leave out the cinnamon but I find the cinnamon to add something special and unexpected to the brownies. It really gives it a heat and sets these brownies apart. You can also sub in pumpkin pie spice and it is good too!

The great thing about this recipe is that the more you bake it, the crunchier it gets. Watch it though because it can and will burn quickly. If you like them crunchy I would suggest a bigger pan. That way the brownies are thinner. Like a cake brownie? Use a slightly smaller pan and bake longer. I find that the 9x13 pan for 30-35 minutes is the perfect amount of time for me.

These brownies are perfect to bring to the office for a party, to give to friends when they are feeling sad or to sit in bed watching your favorite show on a weekend. You live your life however you want!


Now that the weather is getting colder a nice warm brownie is the perfect way to spend your days indoors. If you top this brownie with ice cream I would suggest the So Delicious Cashew Milk Frozen Dessert in Snickerdoodle. That ice cream is the best and the cinnamon in the ice cream really works well with the cinnamon in the brownies! Now I’m off to make a pan of these brownies because writing this post made me super hungry for them! What is your favorite topping for brownies? Is it whipped topping, strawberries or do you like them au natural? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks