Healthy Vegan Recipes

I have been really into cooking over the past few years and I always had the goal of stepping outside the box to try new things. When you play around with different recipes, you will learn so much about what you like and what you want to try. When you want to better your health and make changes, you have to learn a lot. Over my time in undergraduate studies in college, I took some health, fitness, and nutrition classes to step up and start caring about myself. After learning new recipes, I decided to take a stronger interest in health and feeling better. My passion for cooking grew and after a while I starting taking pictures to hold myself accountable for the goals I had set. I have tried so many new things and have found so many healthier alternatives that taste exactly the same to what I was having in the past. Better yet, I didn't feel any pain and had so much energy after eating like this! I have noticed major changing from starting this lifestyle.



(photos by Danielle) 

This first picture is a sandwich and I had melted chao cheese. This is one has veggies in it like bell pepper and zucchini. I also have Hampton creek spicy chipotle sauce on the side.

(photos by Danielle)


I also made a chili bowl with beans and bell peppers. I have red, yellow, and orange bell peppers. I also added garlic and nutritional yeast. You can eat this with a spoon or use this as a dip for tortilla chips.

(photos by Danielle)

I have some wraps as well which are some of my favorite things to eat. I got the falafel wraps from a brand called Tah Dah. I also have chips on the side but this is pretty rare for me. If you want a healthier spin you can also add sautéed veggies, salad, or a side of grains.

(photos by Danielle)

I am also a huge fan of bowls. For this recipe, I have spinach, onion, zucchini, and sweet potato puffs. I also have a dressing on top.

(photos by Danielle)

As I have learned to cook, I have have been so much more open to new ideas and new recipes. As I take this health journey, I have been through the steps to better myself and feel lots of energy. It also helps when you have family gatherings and want to start to incorporate different foods into your traditions.

Overall this has been going well because when I make dishes for my family, they are feeling the benefits as well. They have been asking me to remake certain dishes that were a hit. If something was not a favorite for someone, what we usually do is make this dish in a different way and add or remove certain ingredients. If there is something that someone does not like or does not eat, it can be put on the side. I learn to be accommodating because everyone has their own unique dishes and foods that they both like and do not like. A lot of people think that this is really hard, but the longer you do it the easier it gets. It is important not to get discouraged if something comes out a way that was not planned. It is all about the learning process about trying to cook.
I hope everyone has a good weekend, makes lots of healthy, nourishing meals, and takes time for self-care.
Happy Friday!
-Danielle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks