Plant Based Nacho Recipes

I have always been such a huge fan of incredibly spicy food and my love for it has grown since I have started cooking. I love making nachos and other meals that are foods similar to that. Since I have been off between college semesters, I have had some extra time in my day to cook before or after work. Another thing that a lot of people have commented on in the past is that that cannot handle spicy food, so if you want something milder, you can use a less spicy version of the ingredients. For example, if you get a can of chili, you can get mild instead of medium or spicy.

This first picture I have tortilla chips topped with the beefless ground from Gardein. I have had ground walnut with spices as well at a restaurant and that is wonderful as well if you want a healthier spin on the meal. I have some veggies I have on there as well. Usually, I top my nachos with tomato salsa, bell peppers of any color, and onions. If you want beans for extra nutrients, you can also add those. For the image below, I have also topped the nachos with ranch and chipotle sauce.


(photos by Danielle)


If you want to make walnut meat, you can ground up walnut, water, and spices as needed to make a healthier recipe for tacos or nachos. I want to make a full post about healthier versions of these recipes, so keep posted if you are interested in finding a clean ingredient recipe that is spicy and delicious.


(photos by Danielle)

For this picture, I made the recipe the same way but instead of either walnut meat of beefless ground, I have used chili. You can either use a homemade chili or a canned one from the store. If you are getting a store bought canned chili, I recommend Amys Chili. I love adding jalapenos for an extra kick as well!


(photos by Danielle)



(photos by Danielle)

To have a healthier alternative to cheese, you can make a sauce with other ingredients. If you make this right, it wastes exactly the same. One recipe for making a cheesy sauce is to boil water and cook onion, garlic, carrot, and potato. Then you can add nutritional yeast and blend those ingredients. Another way you can make a cheesy sauce is to blend and then heat cannellini beans, garlic, nutritional yeast, paprika, and onion with some water to make another queso sauce. If you want either of those sauces to be on the spicier side, you can also add some jalapenos.


(photos by Danielle)


Making nachos can be a good food to prepare, especially when friends come over. It is one of those foods that I use for showing people delicious varieties of vegan food. I have enjoyed making these recipes and also tried different varieties of these foods as well. Any sort of other ingredients can be added or taken away as needed when making these recipes.

I hope you try some of these meals out and enjoy your weekend. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks