Recipe!! Chickpea Potato Curry

When my husband told he wanted to go vegan he had only one condition. Flavor. He couldn't stress it enough. I personally could live off of lentils and rice and be perfectly content but he needs variety.

I immediately researched all the recipes we already loved and looked for ways to make them vegan. We live in a small town where it's not very culturally diverse. So it has been months since I've had West Indian curry.

I was craving chickpea curry with a passion and nothing was going to get in my way. Since becoming vegan there are two things I always have in the pantry: chickpeas and potatoes. I was unsure about having them both together, but they are a match better than pb&j.

I hope y'all enjoy this recipe as much as I did!

~Dahlia~



Ingredients:2 onions roughly diced1 tbsp minced garlic2 tbsp curry powder1 tsp coriander powder1 tbsp paprika (smoked is the best but any kind will do)1.5 tbsp cuminBlack pepper and salt to taste (potatoes absorb both liquid and seasonings so you probably need a bit more salt than you think you do)3 Medium potatoes (any kind will do) roughly diced2 cans of chickpeas1 can diced tomatoes2 cups vegetable broth3 handfuls of raw spinach

Instructions:In a large pot heat 2 tbsp of oil and sauté onions a garlic until the onions are translucent. Add the potatoes and seasonings and cook for two minutes (you can add some vegetable broth if the seasonings stick to the pot). Add the chickpeas tomatoes and vegetable broth and cook until the potatoes are done and the sauce has thickened (15-20min). Stir in the spinach until it's wilted.

You can serve this dish with rice or quinoa or without it. I personally served it with a cucumber and tomato salad with a balsamic vinaigrette to add freshness to the meal.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks