Recipe!! Vegan Potato Salad



My family LOVES to have cookouts during this time of year. Something about getting together on the porch and enjoying food together while the dogs play is just so wonderful!

Just because I am now a vegan, does not mean I can not enjoy these things with my families. I enjoy taking traditional favorites and throwing a vegan spin on them.

In today's post, I am going to share my spin a potato salad. This potato salad is avocado based instead of being mayo based. 

With this recipe, I tried to keep it as close to the traditional recipe as possible. I just do not like the options for vegan mayo, so instead this recipe is avocado based. It was super fun and yummy to make. I throw all of the ingredients into a blender and it is creamy perfection.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful summer!

Happy cooking!
~Stella~




Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings

5 potatoes
2 avocados
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Juice from 1 lime
1 1/2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dill
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup green onions, cut up
1/2 cup pickle relish

- Cut up the potatoes into bite sized pieces. I like to keep the skin on but you can take it off if you want
- Boil the potatoes
- While the potatoes are boiling add 2 avocados, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, garlic, mustard, seasonings, and half of the green onions to the blender.
- Blend it until it is smooth if it is too thick add a bit of water to thin it out
- When the potatoes are fork tender drain them and put them in a mixing bowl
- Combine the avocado mixture, potatoes, green onion and pickle relish
- Serve!
- It can stay in the refrigerator for up to one week


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks