Recipe!! Vegan Chili

Hi guys! I am sorry I have been missing in action lately. We are preparing to move in the next few weeks and it has me going a bit crazy!  During these busy and stressful times, I have found it necessary to find something easy to make. Because I am a Vegan ordering in isn't always an option and it is not the best for you. 

I have found that chili is an awesome thing to make. It takes awhile to cook, but it is passive time. I can go and do other things, I do not need to sit over it the whole time.

I have had this on it's own, over rice and over baked potatoes. All three are equally as delicious. 
I also really enjoy topping it with avocado, it adds a certain creaminess I am used to having with my chili.

In my "pre-vegan" days I would just add sour cream, avocado has the same effect without using dairy!

Happy Cooking!
~Stella~




Vegan Chili Recipe
Seve 2-4

1/2 Yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic diced
1 teaspoon of cooking oil ( I used coconut oil)
2 carrots, thinly sliced
3 Tomatoes, cut up
1 bell pepper, diced
1 can of black beans
1-2 cups of water or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Avacado *Optional

1. Cook the onions and garlic in coconut oil until transparent
2. Add in all of the other ingredients except for the avocado
3. Let everything simmer on low to medium heat for 90 minutes
4. You can serve over rice, potatoes or on its own.
5. Top with avocado

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks