Recipe!! Vegan Taco Nut Meat


About five years ago I worked in a Raw Vegan Cafe. One of the things I learned to cook while I worked there was Taco Nut Meat.

It also happened to be my favorite thing!

What I liked about it best was that it was close to "regular" taco meat, but only better. This is not only 100% vegan it is 100% RAW vegan.

Not all soy sauces, olive oil and spices are considered raw. You would want to make sure the one you are using is raw if you are on a raw diet.

Here is an example of a raw soy sauce: OHSAWA Nama Shoyu Sauce

As well as an interesting article with more information about it, click here to read it!

It is delicious in a lettuce wrap (as pictured), on a salad or pretty much anywhere!

This can be stored for up to one week but typically does not last that long.

This is a basic recipe, feel free to add other vegetables to it if it gets too thick just add a bit of water!

Happy cooking!
~Stella~





Taco Nut Meat Recipe

1 1/2 cup of almonds soaked over night (you can use any nut but I like almonds the best)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pinch of ground cayenne
salt and pepper to taste

-Add everything into a food processor and process until crumbled into small pieces.
- You can store this in refrigerator in an air tight container for up to one week.


Comments

  1. So simple, but what a brilliant idea. Nuts are amazing and I can see almonds working particularly well in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Europe smoking meats was practiced long before the discovery of America and it was a survival skill. Meat Geeks Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite Taco Meat recipe! I've tried others, I always come back to this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks