Delicious Breakfast Recipes with Pancakes and more! (Part 2)

(photos by Danielle)

Breakfast is such an important aspect of the day and it is essential for energy through the day. If you are like me, I am usually running around so breakfasts can be a bit challenging. I usually alternate between a few things, but having a large breakfast can help for fuel for the rest of the day. I notice on the days that I pack a lot of nutrients into breakfast, I feel so much more energetic through the day. This can help me be more productive and happier when I am working and then have classes at night. There are so many recipes out there that are great for starting out the day with. 

(photos by Danielle)

A delicious recipe you can make in the morning are banana pancakes. I make my oat flour first by blending up a packet or two of oatmeal. Then I add my wet ingredients. 

2 packets of oatmeal
1 banana
¼ or ½ cup of milk alternative depending on how creamy you want the pancakes 
Optional: if you want fruit in your pancakes, it can be added as well for extra flavors (I like adding blueberries to mine)

I blend all these up and let the batter sit for a few minutes to thicken. Then, I put coconut oil on the skillet and once it gets melted I put the pancakes on the skillet. Once there are bubbles I flip them and cook the other sides. Some toppings I enjoy are jam, tofutti cream cheese, and fruit.


(photos by Danielle)

(photos by Danielle)

(photos by Danielle)

I also have some sides if someone wants a larger portion when I cook for my family. I love making tofu scramble from time to time. I will also do pancakes with a side of fruit. I also found some delicious sides at my most recent Whole Foods trip. I found the four potato hash browns from the brand Dr. Praeger's and also some sausage patties from the brand 365. 

For this breakfast, I like to have some granola with fruit and pour some non-dairy milk over it. I usually add strawberries and blueberries to it, but you can also add raspberries, blackberries, or other fruit in this as well for some extra flavor and nutrition. Any other fruit may taste amazing in this as well! Let me know in the comments what your favorite fruit to add to cereals are. For a milk alternative in any of the recipes in this post, I like to alternate between almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk. I have also used hemp milk, cashew, milk, rice milk, and other non-dairy alternatives. These are all delicious options and I have loved all of these. You can also sprinkle on some hemp seeds or chia seeds for some extra omegas and protein. Those are wonderful foods that are extremely nutritious and filling.

(photos by Danielle)


(photos by Danielle)

I also love using oranges in smoothies. When I am blending up fruit, I usually put in strawberries, mangos, and any other tropical fruit. 


(photos by Danielle)


Everyone have a wonderful weekend and eat some delicious foods!
-Danielle

Comments

  1. If you see my recipes article then You will be love this check Food recipes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks