Recipe!! Vegan Italian Meatballs

Hey everyone! Today's recipes is going to be a Vegan Italian Meatball. This has been one of the best things I have made by far. No only is this recipe delicious it is also flexible! 

With a quick change of the seasonings (especially the herbs) used in this recipe and you can make a different "meat"ball. The key ingredients here are the Maply syrup and liquid smoke. Those two ingredients are my secret ingredient in any fake "meat" recipe I make. The two flavors combine really well and make a wonderful smokey flavor. 

These are really good with pasta and a red sauce (as pictured) or even on their own as a snack!
This is a new family favorite and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!

Happy cooking!
~Stella~ 




Vegan Italian Meatballs Recipe
Makes 5 servings

1 cup green lentils (cooked)
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
3/4 cup mushrooms chopped
Olive oil for frying
1 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup parsley
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water)
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning

- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor except the cooking oil
- Process until everything is blended
- Roll the mixture into 1.5 inch balls
- Cook in a skillet with oil until the meatballs are brown
- Serve!



Comments

  1. I made this recipe twice already. The first time I used the liquid smoke and my family and I found that it was way too overpowering. I made it again but substituted the liquid smoke with vegan Worcestershire sauce and they were amazing and in my opinion tasted much more like a meatball. I also baked them in the oven instead of using oil and frying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks