Recipe!! Vegan Celeriac and Apple Tart Salad

Hello everyone! For my first recipe on here, I decided to go with something simple to make. I used to make this a lot when I didn’t feel like making anything else. Now the original recipe calls for Crème fraîche, which is a type of thick cream using heavy cream and the option of buttermilk, sour cream, or yogurt. But, never fear. For there is an alternative. 

Enjoy!!!
-Maranda-


Ingredients:
½ lb Celeriac (celery root)
1-2 Granny Smith Apples
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
Dressing:
3 Tbsp Vegan Crème fraîche (1 ½ tsp Obia Naturals Sweet Almond Heavy Cream and 1 ½ tsp Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt)
3 Tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Nature’s Basket Organic Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Cut away the outer rind of the celery root and cut it into matchsticks size.
  2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 4 cups of water and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
  3. Rinse the celery root and add it to the boiling water. Cook them until they’re “fork tender” (a fork can easily go through it).
  4. Drain them, and put them in another bowl of cold water to halt the cooking process. Drain again.
  5. Peel, and dice the apples.
  6. To create the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
  7. Fold in the celery root and apples, taste it and season before serving.

celeriac.jpg





Comments

  1. Seems tasty! I think I would like it because I love the taste of apple in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy i think it would be a delicious alternative to coleslaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really yummy! What a super simple recipe to make! I really want to start incooporating more vegan meals into my week, heres to trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks easy and yummy. I'm trying this recipe this weekend. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks delicious can't wait to try.. Thanks for sharing.
    From,
    www.thegypsygurl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds absolutely delicious, and I'm not even vegan! I might just try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's such an interesting kind of salad! Never thought of that combo before <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I was looking for some good veg recipes. Thanks for sharing this. I will try at this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious!! I need to make this with my kids :) Shell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness this sounds so tasty! I will definitely have to try it... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so healthy and easy to make. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks