Recipe!! Portobello Mushroom "Bacon"

Hey guys! Today, I thought I would share my favorite vegan bacon recipe.
Mushrooms are already one of my all-time favorite vegetables.
I will cook it and add it to just about anything.

Every time I have a conversation with someone about being a Vegetarian, they always say 
"Oh, I could never live without bacon!"
This is my answer to them!
When I first cut meat out of my diet, I cut it completely out.
I did not even eat "fake" meat like Morning Star.
I also did not eat anything like this,
something that was meant to replace the meat I was cutting out.
I found that this helped me not have as many cravings.
The first few days were really rough but after that
I loved the way my new plant based diet made me feel.

I have just recently started branching out into the
"fake" meat world. I have tried many different "fake" bacon recipes
and this one is my favorite!

Happy cooking!
~Stella~







Portobello Bacon
Makes 8 strips

1 large portobello mushroom
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 table Coconut oil

1. In a bowl combine the liquid smoke, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
2. Cut the mushroom into 1/4th-inch strips
3. Marinate the slices in the liquid mixture for 30 minutes
4. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook until the edges are browned and crispy
5. Serve!

Comments

  1. It is said that mushroom is favorite ingredient of some people and it is liked by EssayShark review services also. People like to eat mushroom. They like to make good recipes of mushroom and can make tasty food products by using mushroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks