Recipe!! Avocado Pasta Salad


I am not a really big sports fan, however, I always look forward to Super Bowl Sunday!
This is not because of the big game or the funny commercial. 
No, it is because right before Super Bowl Sunday avocados and tomatoes go on sale!
Avocado and tomato are the two main ingredients for this delicious pasta salad.

Growing up, I used to love my Mothers Pasta Salad.
Since I transitioned to a plant based diet I have had a hard time finding substitutes for the mayonnaise. I tried vegan mayonnaise and hated it! I do not the chemical taste of miracle whip so I was left in a bind.

One day I decided to try masking it using avocados, I had seen other examples where people used it as a mayonnaise replacement and thought it was worth a shot/
Boy was I right! It was delicious and creamy.
It was perfect and just right! 

After a few times of making this recipe, I had perfected it!
Check it out below.

Happy cooking!
~Stella~





Avocado Pasta Salad
Makes 4 servings

- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro (chopped)
- Juice from one lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 clove of roasted garlic (mashed)
- 1 tomato chopped up into small pieces
- 4-6 cups of your favorite pasta (cooked)
-Chives *optional

1. Mash up the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Mix the avocado mixture with the pasta and tomatoes.
3. Top with chives
4. Serve it hot or cold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks