Recipe!! Oatmeal Apple Cups



Hey guys! Today I wanted to share a super yummy breakfast food today. This morning I had time to make a really awesome breakfast. I went to the store last night they had the really pretty gala apples in the reduced produce bin. I bought two big bags of them.

I thought thew gala apples would make a perfect star for my breakfast dish. I absolutely love the flavor of gala apples, they are my second favorite! (Granny Smiths are my first favrotes!) As expected they made a perfect addition to the oatmeal. 

This was the perfect breakfast but would also make a perfect dessert! I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I did!

Happy cooking!
~Stella~



Oatmeal Apple Cups Recipe
Makes 2 Servings

-2 Gala Apples
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
-1 cup chopped almonds
-1 teaspoon Vanilla
-1 teaspoon Cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon Allspice
-1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
-1/3 cup maple syrup (or any sweetener)
-1/2 cup oatmeal
-1 cup water

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Cut the apples in half and scoop out the insides. Be sure to leave 1/4th of an inch of flesh all the way around
3. Put the apples aside
4. Take the insides and cut them up into small pieces (discard the sections with seeds in them)
5. Add the coconut oil, apples, almonds, seasonings and sweetener to a skillet
6. Once the apples are soft add the oatmeal and water
7. Stir until oatmeal the water is absorbed.
8. Stuff the apples with the oatmeal filling
9. Bake in oven for 20 minutes
10. Let cool for 5-10 minutes
11. Serve!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks