Recipe!! On The Go Addition: Berry Oatmeal


Hey guys! Today is going to be a bit of a different recipe post than normal. One thing I have noticed in plant-based diet journey is that it is extremely hard to find something to eat while on the go. For the "On The Go Addition" recipe post, I am going to share recipes that can be made ahead of the time and brought with you on any adventure you go on.

I have started meal prepping, and I got these awesome containers that are featured in this post. They are reusable, microwaveable and dishwasher safe! This container is separated into three different sections. One large section and two sections that are the same size. You can click on the photo at the bottom of this page to buy them from amazon. I may do a few posts on meal prepping if there is enough interest from you guys. I am very excited to star on this new leg of my journey and I hope it helps smooth out some of the bumps in the road I have been experiencing.

Now for the reason you clicked on this post. This to go meal is a technically a breakfast meal, but to be completely honest I would eat this any time of the day. The first section has a trail mix in it. I put pumpkin seeds, almonds and dried cranberries in it. You can add any dried fruit, nuts, or seeds you would like to. I used raw ingredients to make mine, but you can use any ingredients you would like. The second container has two dates and almond butter in it. I love to dip my dates in nut butter. This is definitely optional but I highly suggest you try it! Finally, the last section is the maple oatmeal topped with frozen berries. The recipe for the oatmeal is below! Keep in mind that if you add the frozen berries before you eat it they will defrost.

This recipe will keep you full for a long time. If you do not eat all of the trail mix or dates they would make a great snack for later in your day.

Have you tried this recipe? What is your favorite oatmeal recipe? Any suggestions on recipes you would like to see? Do you meal plan? Do you want me to write more about meal planning? Let me know in the comments!

~Stella~

We just published our first E-Book! Some of these recipes have never been seen. It would mean the world to me if you would go check it out. It is $0.99 on Amazon. Click here or click on the book cover below to purchase it!


If you use this recipe or even put your own spin on it take a picture and tag us in it on Facebook at The Smoothie Vegetarians, or tag us on Instagram @smoothievegetarians or Twitter @smoothievegies!



Maple Oatmeal
Serves: 1

- 3/4cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of 100% Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
-1/2 cup of frozen fruit (I used berries)

1. Add your oatmeal, water, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a small pot.
2. Bring mixture to a boil
3. Let cool
4. Transfer oatmeal to your dish or container
5. Top with fruit
6. Serve or put in refrigerator (can stay in refrigerator for up to 5 days)

ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks