Easy Hummus Recipe

Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you a hummus recipe. Hummus is one of my go-to snack items and it can be so expensive to buy. I was asked to make it for a family gathering not that long ago and they suggested that I try to make it from scratch. After doing a bit of research and asking around I realized that it is so easy to make! 

I was able to make a big batch of it in 15 minutes and it cost me $2.00 to make double the amount that I usually get from the store for $5.00. I thought that this was so awesome that I could not share it with you guys!

This is seriously a skill every vegetarian and vegan should have. Even if you are not a good cook, you could figure this one out pretty easily. This recipe is a pretty basic recipe. You can add other ingredients to make other flavors. For example, you could add roasted red peppers to it or you could add lemon juice to it. If you search there are thousands of things you can add to your hummus.

Hummus can be used for many different things. I personally use it as a spread on sandwiches or toast and as a dip for crackers or vegetables. I have seen other people put it on pizzas, in wraps, with pasta, and in salads. The possibilities are truly endless.

If you love this recipe, share it with your friends! The share buttons are located in the comment section below!
~Stella~



Garlic Hummus
Makes 2 cups

- 1 can of chickpeas drained (or 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (you can use more or less depending on your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Add all ingredients to a food processor
2. Combine until smooth
3. Serve! This can stay in the refrigerator for about a week.

ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks