Easy Vegan Breakfast Ideas

Sometimes it is hard to get ready in the morning and still eat breakfast…but it doesn’t have to be! Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and coming up with some easy meals that are quick has been a lot of fun. Some may have some prep to do the day before but they are easy to throw together, easy to prep and easy to take with you to work, school or wherever!

Peanut Butter Banana Toast
This one seems a little blah but with the addition of agave it is amazing! I just toasted some bread, spread on peanut butter then chop up some bananas. You could stop here but then I just add some agave and it becomes something a little more special. The sweetness of the agave blends well with the creaminess of the peanut butter. It’s one of my favorite things to have for breakfast. You could also use an English muffin (vegan of course) instead of toast. I also like to use powdered peanut butter as well.




Smoothies
I love something that is super portable, easy to change up and packed full of nutrition. Breakfast smoothies are the way to go! There are so many great recipes everywhere and I suggest trying them all. Some may seem really weird but once you actually try them they are so good. My favorite recipe is really easy and takes little to no time at all to blend up.

1 Cup Ice
½ Cup Yogurt (I use coconut yogurt)
½ Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Coconut Water
½ Cup Frozen Raspberries (I use strawberries because I am not a fan of raspberries)
1 Banana
1 Tablespoon Agave or Maple Syrup
It’s easiest to start with your liquids on the bottom so add your yogurt, coconut water and agave. Then add your ice, oats, frozen fruit and banana. Start slow then add speed when blending. You want it to be creamy and delicious. Play around with ingredients or add more. Sometimes I add a vegan protein powder.


Breakfast Quinoa
This one will take a little more prep the day before but it’s totally worth it! The night before I cook some quinoa for dinner and I save about a cup for breakfast. When breakfast time comes I pour almond or coconut milk over the quinoa and top with whatever fruit I have. Apples are my favorite because they add texture and crunch. I always add some cinnamon for extra flavor. You can even warm it up in the microwave for a warm cereal! It’s super filling and easy to transport in a mason jar.



Chia Pudding
This is another one that will take a little prep the night before. I usually make a pretty good sized jar of this every Sunday so I can have some throughout the week. It’s not only a great breakfast but it also makes a wonderful snack. It’s the easiest thing in the world to make and you can mix and match what you add to it. I will sometimes use vanilla almond milk or sometimes just unsweetened. I top it with any fruit I happen to have, shredded coconut is a favorite and nuts!

Chia Pudding
2 Cups Almond or Coconut Milk
½ Cup Chia Seeds
½ tsp. Vanilla (I skip this if my milk is flavored)
3 T.-1/4 Cup Sweetener (maple syrup is great!)
Mix this all up in a container and leave in the fridge overnight. I will stir mine every hour or so for the first couple of hours. It really helps to keep all the chia seeds from settling on the bottom.   



Vegan Yogurt
I love yogurt and when I found some vegan alternatives I was pretty happy. My favorite brands are Kite Hill, Silk and So Delicious. They are all pretty easy to find (Walmart carries Silk and So Delicious!) and taste amazing. The peach Kite Hill is a favorite in my house.






Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Nice Cream
Who says you can’t have ice cream for breakfast! Since nice cream is made from bananas I consider it the perfect breakfast meal. Plus you can change it up so it never gets boring. This recipe is my favorite and really hits the spot. I take a few frozen bananas and I put them in my food processor. I blend them up nice and smooth then I add my other ingredients. For this one I added peanut butter and chopped up vegan chocolate chips. Once everything is blended together you can eat it. I would suggest not blending too much or you will warm up the frozen bananas too much then you have banana soup. Yuck.


What are some of your favorite breakfast foods?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks