Cheesy, Creamy Pasta Meals (Plant Based!)

(photos by Danielle)

A lot of people think that you have to give certain foods up for this lifestyle. The good news is that you do not. I find this incredibly easy. The one thing I find interesting is people give the excuse "...but I could never give up x,y or z". However it is becoming so much easier. People continue to try out new recipes and the more they try out new recipes the more common it is for them to find new flavors that they like just from playing around with different spices and other ingredients in your house you can find a lot of flavors that you really like it can be important to play around and find new things that you enjoy based on all the recipes that you liked in the past you don't have to give anything up and you can find plenty of substitutes.

(photos by Danielle)

All of these recipes are so flavorful and I enjoy these so much. I will be making these again and every time you remake a recipe, you get better each time. You can start to play around and start to learn more about what you like and what you want to change. You can add more or less of an ingredient and that is one of the great things about cooking. 

(photos by Danielle)

I have made some cheesy tasting pastas and they have been absolutely amazing. I have been playing around with changing recipes around for a while now and I am pleased with how they have turned out. I have noticed no taste differences and these are something I feel so much better after eating. I do not feel all tired and weighed down after eating these like I used to feel with dairy based meals. I feel energetic and I feel like I can still continue on with some more of my busy daily tasks. 

Below is the Daiya pasta mixed with some added veggies. 

(photos by Danielle)

If you want to do some store bought versions of this meal, brands like Daiya, Annies, and Amy's have some vegan options if you are short on time. These all taste amazing and I love these. 

(photos by Danielle)
This picture shows the Annie's vegan mac and cheese shells with carrot and broccoli. 

(photos by Danielle)

Also, if you want to do this recipe homemade, you can do a cheese sauce and boil some pasta with whatever type of noodles you like. For the cheese sauce, I boil some carrots, potato, and onion together and then when they are done you can blend them with water. You can also use a milk alternative for extra creminess. The amount of the recipe can vary depending on the flavors you would like. I know some people may want more or less garlic as well when they add it in. Also you can add some nutritional yeast as well as salt if you want some extra flavor. Then once your pasta is done, just add in the sauce, and enjoy! You can also garnish the recipe with paprika or some veggies for extra nutrition and flavors. If you don't like the flavor combination, there are other things you can try out like melting some cream cheese (you can find it vegan!) and mixing it with some nutritional yeast and spices. This is a less healthy version of the recipe of course, but it can be better if you are short on time or want a creamy taste. 

(photos by Danielle)

I hope you all try some of these out….happy Friday!
-Danielle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks