What I Eat in a Vegan College Away Weekend!


Raw vegan weekends for me are a must during cold and flu season. I'm lucky enough to have access to a friend's kitchen on the weekends! (Thank You Jackie Knight, my BFF!) This weekend, I thought I would include you guys in what I eat, drink, and snack on! Every day I drink about 96 ounces of water, so that is also included in this post.

Saturday and Sunday:

I know caffeine and coffee isn't technically raw, but I don't really function without it. I'm not human without my coffee. So in the morning, I drink half-caffinated coffee instead, to cut back a little. The act of making my coffee in the morning is my little ritual. It's part of my routine, and it's so incredibly relaxing. So, for my first meal, I'm including my weekend treat-yo-self, latte routine.

Ingredients:
almond milk
french press
hot water
one tablespoon coconut oil
coffee (decaf and regular)
coconut sugar (optional)
coco/cacao powder (optional)
cinnamon (optional)
blender
coconut whip (optional)

Steps:
1.Heat the hot water on the stove for the french press coffee.
2.Add in as much coffee as you want to your french press, I like mine pretty strong, but not everyone does.
3.Add in the hot water, stir, let it brew for about five minutes, and then press.
4.While the coffee is brewing, warm the almond milk on the stove. Warm, not cook.
5.Add the coffee to the blender, enough for one cup. Or enough for how many people you are making.
6.Add in the almond milk, enough for a latte.
7.Add in the bit of coconut oil, I put in a tablespoon for two people. You can also put in Brain Juice, found at (https://brainjuice.me/)
8.Add into the blender the cinnamon, coco or cacao powder, your sweetener, and blend until the milk is a bit frothy.
9.Pour into your mug, and top with the coconut whip!
10.Enjoy!



For a mid-day meal, I had a huge bowl of seasonal fruit salad. This one had a bunch of seasonal citrus fruit, like clementines, blood oranges, grapefruit, and pomegranate. You can use whatever seasonal fruit you like, but for me, this was what was on sale, and seasonal.

For a snack, I had these amazing raw cinnamon rolls. They are so incredibly good, gluten-free, and just freaking delicious.

You will need:
really ripe bananas (spotty) ( I used about 4 medium length bananas)
dates ( I used about 14 pitted dates)
cinnamon
1/2 cup of water
coco wip (optional)

Steps:
1. Slice your bananas long ways into three long strips.
2. Place your bananas in a dehydrator for about 4 hours.
OR
2. Place your bananas at 250 F for about 4 hours on one side, then flip them and cook them for about another hour on the other.
3. Take your banana slices out, and let them rest for about 30 minutes to one hour.
4. While the bananas are resting, pit your dates and place them in a blender with the 1/2 cup of water and dash of cinnamon to make the date cinnamon caramel.
5. Place your caramel onto the banana slices, and roll your cinnamon rolls.
6. Pop the now rolled up cinnamon rolls back into the oven at 250 F, and cook for about another 4 hours.
6. Put the cinnamon rolls with the date caramel back into the dehydrator for another 1-2 hours.
7. Let the rolls rest for about 10 minutes, and top with coconut whip.
8. Enjoy!


For dinner, I had a huge green salad with vegetables of every color of the rainbow, along with the leftover fruit salad I had from lunch. I absolutely love salad of every kind. I have been watching a bunch of Elle Fisher's videos on Youtube recently, and she makes guacamole as a dressing for her salads often. I drew inspiration from her videos and used guacamole as a salad dressing. Needless to say, but it was so incredibly freaking delicious.

My salad included:
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 fresh meyer lemon, juiced
1/2 bag of spinach and baby kale mixture
3-4 stalks of celery
10 little radishes diced
about a 1/2 head of broccoli
about a 1/2 head of cauliflower
1 whole cucumber
raw cashews and almonds
and guacamole dressing.

I hope this gives you an idea of what I like to eat when I have the chance to plan my meals out the way I can. Away weekends give me the best opportunity to detox!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks