Top 9 Kitchen Gadgets Every Vegan Needs

One of the easiest ways to adopt a healthy lifestyle is to throw yourself into it. When it comes to becoming a vegan the best thing to do is to start cooking for yourself, but doing so can be challenging for those who don’t have the proper kitchen tools. But as a vegan, what tools do you need? These are my cannot live without kitchen gadgets for a vegan lifestyle.

1. Juicer

A juicer can be super handy for many reasons. If you are like me and you bought all of those bargain bin oranges (even though you knew it would be physically impossible to eat them all before they turned over to the dark side) and now you need them gone, this is the time for a juicer. One of my favorite things to do is add a bit of fresh juice to a smoothie instead of water or almond milk (seriously YUMM).


2. Vegetable Slicer

Honestly, I am chopping ALL OF THE TIME. Owning one of these has been a LIFESAVER. I like to do all of my meal prepping at the start of the week and cook from that. This cool gadget has many different attachments so you can cut, slice and dice at super speed.

3. Tofu Press

When I first became a vegan I thought a Tufo press was 100% unnecessary. Now, I know that it is so helpful and very necessary. It makes Tofu have a firm texture by squeezing out all of the excess moisture. This is the secret trick to crispy and firm tofu.

4. Avocado Cutter

I feel like this is pretty self-explanatory, but avocados are life and this makes it a bit easier. This little tool is going to help you cut, pit and slice your avocado in record time.

5. Food Processor

When you are making plant-based and wheat-based substitutions a food processor will come in handy. Recipes like Vegan Italian Meatballs or Vegan Seitan Ribs turn out best with a food processor. It may seem a little extra now, but once you buy one and start using it you will notice little uses coming out of the woodwork.



6. An Awesome Knife Set

A really good knife set is a requirement for safely and effectively cutting up your fruits and veggies. 

7. Garlic Press

Garlic is one of the best things on the planet (tied with avocados, of course) but cutting it up can be a pain! A garlic press will solve that issue for you!


8. High-Quality Blender

An awesome blender will change your life (I promise) Ninjas are awesome for smoothies, sauces, soups, ect. The list can literally go on and on and on. I a bargain hunter, and don't like spending lots of money on something when there is a cheaper option, a blender is an expectation for me. Don't be afraid to spend the big bucks here, it makes all the difference.

9. Instant Pot

Instant pots are literally the holy grail of cooking. They are useful for so many different things. You can go to Pinterest and search "Vegan Instant Pot Recipes" and you will see EXACTLY what I mean. So many options that can be made so quickly.

I hope you found this list useful, did I miss your go-to kitchen gadget? Leave it in the comments below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks