Are You At Your Wit's End?


Quick and Easy Stuffed Artichoke

First, let me apologize for not posting last week but I was literally at my wit's end. What does that even mean? To be at your wit's end means that you are so worried, confused or annoyed that you don't know what to do next. I am sure everyone has felt this way from time to time. Have you ever wondered what to do when you are in this state or where you can turn to that you won't be judged? Many times you feel like you are alone and although you will get through it. It would definitely be easier if you had supportive people around you during the journey.

Could you sit with a group of women and be totally honest?  

Would you feel totally confident that anything you said would not be repeated or discussed outside the group?

 Do you have a place where you can freely speak your mind and not be judged? 

Not many people have this type of outlet but you can have it if you create it.

Two of my very best friends were sitting on a beach a couple of years ago and had just this discussion. There are a lot of recovery programs out there but was none that helps you to recover from the day to day things that life throws at you. This is how W.I.T.S. was formed. The thought was to create it and they will come and they do every Monday evening at 7 PM. No invitation is necessary. 

What does W.I.T.S. mean?  The initials stand for Women In The Solution. This is not an opportunity to complain, it is however an opportunity to share anything you are challenged with. I would not call this a meeting, I would call it a group if I had to categorize it. The ages range from women in their twenties to women in their eighties.  The group size varies depending who shows up, there are regulars, newcomers, some people that come when their schedule permits. I will warn you that this type of group is not for everyone since it is based on trust and honesty and you will find yourself being more open than you ever thought possible.


There is a preamble that is read prior to each  meeting of the group. There is also a topic which is pulled that each woman will share their thoughts or experience about. Shares are typically 2-3 minutes and there is no obligation to share your thoughts if you don't want to. If you have something on your mind that is not related to the topic, that is alright too. Everyone is there to support each other.

If you want more information on how to set this up in your town, please comment and I will ensure you receive the outlines. At some point it would be great to have this type of resource for women all over the country and take what was once an idea on the beach and turn it into a national movement with W.I.T.S. chapters throughout the United States and eventually abroad.

I wanted to share my personal experience, I went a couple of times and confided in my friends who actually started this group that I really didn't feel comfortable sharing things because I thought my issues and struggles were unique. I quickly came to find out that they weren't, we all struggle with the same things from time to time and it is a great feeling to know that you are not alone. It is truly time with the most extraordinary women you ever would want to meet. You will be amazed at the friendships you will forge.

If you have interest in starting a W.I.T.S. chapter in your area, please let me know in the comments section and I will be happy to facilitate getting you started. Sorry guys this is for ladies only however, if anyone wants to pioneer a men's group, that is always an option!

For my recipe this week, I did something very simple. When you are shopping int he supermarket and you pass the artichokes they can look very intimidating however they are much easier to make then you thought.


Stuffed Artichokes

2 Artichokes
1/2 - 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs depending on size of the artichokes (if breadcrumbs are not seasoned add your favorite spices, basil, oregano,garlic powder etc)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

First I washed and cut the stems and tops off the artichokes. If you notice the leaves and sharp on the edges so I took a scissor and snipped the top off each of the leaves. I then pulled the artichoke open to give me plenty of room for the stuffing. You can get elaborate with your stuffing but for this
recipe I kept it basic.






 Saute the breadcrumbs in the olive oil adding oil until it is the consistency of damp sand. I stuff the leaves with the mixture and then place in a pot to steam the artichokes until tender.






When they are done you can just pull the leaves off . To quote my husband" it seems like a lot of effort for nothing". That being said I love them!



For those of you that may not be familiar with how to eat an artichoke:

They can be served either hot or cold
To eat, pull the petals off one at a time pulling the bottom of the petal through your teeth to get the stuffing and pulpy art of the petal
Discard the remaining portion of the petal
Discard the fuzzy center at the base to uncover the heart of the artichoke, this part is entirely edible.

Hope you enjoy!

With Gratitude,

Trudy







Comments

  1. Love Your Own Magic and TBB Soul on Fire!! I'm always carrying a rose quartz or tigers eye with me now ;) These podcasts are amazing! I'm also loving Earth to Us and The Health Code right now :) Great post Karlee!
    sales pop
    sales pop master
    koi Nhật

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks