Recipe!! Sauteed Lemon Green Beans

Hello everyone! Since transitioning to a plant-based diet, I have developed a whole bunch of new favorite foods. One of the first food to make it's way to my list was green beans. This was ironic in a way because when I was younger I hated green beans! Let's be honest, I hated anything that was green (except broccoli and cheese casserole!). Every time I cook up a batch of green beans I laugh to myself about how times have changed. Anywho, the recipe is definitely a keeper. My husband requests it all of the time and he is not even a big fan of green beans.

I thought this recipe would be perfect to share with you guys is because it is quick, simple and delicious. It takes a total of 10 minutes to make. These green beans came ready to go as soon as I opened the package. If you buy them not pre-packaged like these were you can prep them ahead of time. I like to make a plan for the week at the begging of the week and prep all of the food I can then. I find that this helps us stay on track with our diets and stops us from ordering out so much.

This is my go to recipe and I make it a few times a week. I love the brightness the flavor of the lemon adds. It is really like a party in your mouth! You can season this up any way you would like, this is my personal favorite combination. The almonds are defiantly not a requirement for the recipe, I just happened to have them lying around the kitchen and I thought they would add a really nice touch to the dish. I was not wrong! The almonds add a nice crunch to the dish that is just amazing!

Did you try this recipe? Do you hate it? Do you love it? Have a request for another recipe you would like us to try? Leave it in the comments!

 ~Stella~

If you use this recipe or even put your own spin on it take a picture and tag us in it on Facebook at The Smoothie Vegetarians, or tag us on Instagram @smoothievegetarians or Twitter @smoothievegies!


Sauteed Lemon Green Beans
Makes two servings

Ingredients
- 3 cups of fresh green beans (You can also use frozen!)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 TB of fat (you can use any cooking fat you would like. I am currently using coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder (you can use fresh minced onions)
- Juice from one Lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Salt and Peper to taste

Steps
1. Add the cooking fat, garlic and onion powder to a skillet
2. Sautee until garlic is lightly brown on medium heat
3. Add green beans to fat mixture
4. Saute green beans until the desired level of doneness (I like mine to be super cooked)
5. Add almonds
6. Let cook for a few more moments to toast the almonds
7. Take pan off of heat
8. Add lemon juice
9. Salt and pepper to taste
10. Serve!

ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy & Flavorful Vegan Meals

Veganism and Animals: Does veganism really help animals?

Healthy Snacks